Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chapter 8 Organize for Daily Writing

This is the best chapter so far. I found lots of helpful ideas to use with my first graders. Reggie's definition of writer's workshop and her comments about daily writing were what I had been searching for in a writing program. The schedule on page 185 of a first grade classroom was very helpful. The time frame for daily writing on page 187 gave me a goal for my class writing time. I want to try some of the short writing projects especially the snapshot on page 199. I plan to treat with last nine weeks as a trial of many of the components mentioned in this chapter.

1 comment:

Mrs. Babcock said...

I think it is great that you are ready to implement so much of what you have learned before the end of the year. We all should take a look at what we are doing and act immediately. There is nothing that says we have to wait to implement. I am so glad you are taking that leap to improve your teaching this year.