Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chapter 12 Write Your Own Ending

I agree with Reggie that writing empowers us as teachers, as students, as learners. Writing is the doing part. When we write we are organizing, clarifying and refining our thinking. It is a very powerful thing with no end. This book has given me many useful ideas and I plan to reread it over the summer and take time to make more connections with writing and the first grade curriculum. I also hope the Obee staff will work to make all of our students better writers. Think of the possibilities!!

2 comments:

janicegreen said...

I plan on making some lists with my students to help them think about what their writing should look like. We can then start next year motivated with their ideas.

astambaugh said...

I thought our meeting Friday went very well. Everyone seemed to agree that writing is something we need to work on as a school. I think everyone will reread and get ideas over the summer to implement next year.